Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's just a hill - get over it

Well, I cannot believe I'm saying this, but I actually think I LIKE hill repeats!!! It took me a season to say that, but I am saying it now.

Four climbs up Mount Eden last night and my legs were burning, but it was awesome! Beth said the coolest thing last night as well. We were coming up to the last 100 yards or so of the last climb of the night, and she pulls up on my side and said "we're almost done, you wanna go all out for the rest of this?" I was a little reluctant and said that I thought my legs were about done. She then told me that when she first met coach Patrick, she told him she "liked to ride until she cried." Of course crazy Patrick who does insane things like 450 mile rides just laughed and said "I think I'm gonna like you."

I may have not cried last night, but it was an awesome work out. I finally believe all the "hills are are friends" and "this is good for you" banter from the coaches. I even found myself saying that to a few of the newer riders last night. Who woulda guessed?

Below is a view from the top of Mt. Eden. It's worth the climb. Even better if I get that helmet cam, the descent would be an awesome video clip!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home