Sunday, June 8, 2008

Kick - Off Ride




So, this morning, we had our easy 15 mile kick-off ride in los altos. Weather was perfect, mid 70's and sunny- gorgeous day for riding. It was great to meet my new teammates, and see all of my old ones. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a mini-Honolulu all over again for me! 4 flats, and one blown tire. I sucked it up and just bought new tires today on my way home. I don't want a whole season like this for sure!!! From what I was told by teammates/coaches, the brand tires I got have a great reputation for not getting flats, so I'm stoked about that!

Getting ready to go put them on my bike now and maybe ride a few more miles. Can't wait for some more rides. It felt fantastic to be on the bike again. I was going an easy 30 mph down some turns by Arasterdero road asking myself why the heck it's been so long since I've really been out on my bike!

As always, our Honoree breakfast was great! We have one of our Honorees from last season, Mike, who is really cool, and got to hear a little bit more about 2 new (at least to me) honorees. It's really surreal to hear about their battles with Leukemia. I can remember things my family personally went through when my dad was sick, and it is really motivating to try and do something towards helping others with blood cancers.


Our Honorees:

Gene and Irene, and Mike




Now, I got some tires to change...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home