Sunday, December 2, 2007

cyclists are good seeds

So, overslept for the buddy ride yesterday morning... needed the sleep. But I slacked all week and knew I needed to get on the bike...I had some errands to run, so decided to go on my bike.

Going down almaden expressway on my way out, got a rear flat. No prob. It was quickly fixed. Only as I was filling up my tire, I realized I was using the last C02 cartridge I had on me. (I thought I had 2 which is why I neglected to take my frame pump.) No prob, as long as I don't get another flat, and it's a short ride...

I should KNOW my luck with flats by now... On the way home coming back up Almaden Expressway, I of course got another flat... I was about 2.5 miles from home at that point, so instead of calling for help, just started walking my bike down the bike lane.

A mile down the rode, 2 cyclist rode up and asked if I was Ok. Said I was fine, but just ran out of C02. They were quick to hand me some. I was way thankful, and offered to pay for it. They wouldn't take the cash, but instead just checked to make sure I had a spare tube and everything else I needed.

Like I said, cyclists are good seeds.

1 Comments:

Blogger TheKeilShpeel said...

I don't know who you are but I am in Kerrie's ward and was just blog hopping and came across your blog and wanted to say hi because I love biking too. I've only done one century(SLC century) and that was pre baby. way to go on all your riding. I'll have to keep tabs on you so you keep inspiring me. Have you done the lighthouse century.. I think we are going to try to train for that one.. first i need to get out on the bike, if it would stop raining ;)

January 27, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home