Tuesday, October 16, 2007

upcoming events

Sooooo, despite the setbacks in Hawaii, I am ready to jump into some more major rides. I did love it. The Honolulu ordeal has only inspired me to work harder and be more prepared next time.

I just registered for the Solvang Century in March in southern California. I will be doing this event through Team in Training as well. In the meanwhile, I will be competing in the Solvang Prelude on November 3rd with a few friends. This will be a metric century (63 miles) along the main route for the Solvang Century.

I have also decided to do the Seattle to Portland race this spring. This is a little over 200 miles, and I am going to attempt to do it in one day. I am really looking forward to that ride. I love Seattle - it is one of the most beautiful cities I have been too. I am looking forward to seeing Portland and enjoying the scenery inbetween. I am planning on taking a few cycling friends I've made from TNT to that event with me as well.

Next matter of business will be a new bike. My sister's father in law has one he is willing to sell to me. I am way excited. It is a trek as well, but a much nicer one than the mangled pile of carbon I have lying in the gargage. It is complete with all durace compenents (top of the line) and race lite tires! I can't wait to get on that baby. I hope to have it by the Solvang Prelude.

I am currently trying to kick some pneumonia I picked up in Hawaii. (It must have been the rain at the pasta party and along the ride.) As soon as I am well my next adventure in cycling will be trying the velodrome track in San Jose. A little different than what I'm used to- but sounds like fun!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

November 10, 2008 at 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home